- The IPLER project is a direct result of the National Science Foundation (NSF) Partnerships for Innovation (PFI) Program, NSF Award #0917839 (FY 2009/10 -2011/12).
- The initiative has been developed via previous indirect funding from:
- NYSTAR: Showcasing local, small-business technological capabilities
- NASA: Development of a real-time image viewing capability for the local (Monroe County, NY) emergency operations center
- Funding from the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be used in FY 2010/11 to develop DHS-specific disaster management products and to increase the mobility of the WASP sensor system.
Disclaimer: This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. IIP-0917839. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.