IPLER project results will be disseminated widely through the following outlets:
The various undergraduate, MS, and PhD research efforts will culminate in publications in various international journals.
- van Aardt J.A.N., D. McKeown, J. Faulring, N. Raqueño, M. Casterline, C. Renschler, R. Eguchi, D. Messinger, R. Krzaczek, S. Cavillia, J. Antalovich Jr., N. Philips, B. Bartlett, C. Salvaggio, E. Ontiveros, and S. Gill, 2011. Geospatial disaster response during the Haiti earthquake: A case study spanning airborne deployment, data collection, transfer, processing, and dissemination. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing 77(9): 943-952.
- van Aardt J.A.N., Arthur M., Sovkoplas G., and T. Swetnam, 2011. LiDAR-based estimation of forest floor fuel loads using a novel distributional approach. Peer-reviewed proceedings: Silvilaser 2011 - International Conference on Lidar Applications for Assessing Forest Ecosystems, October 16-20, 2011, Hobart, Australia, 8p.
- Patrick N. Morabito, Michael E. Long, Bernard P. Brooks, and Jennifer L. Schneider, 2011. Impact of Personal Communication Networks on Emergency Evacuation Times. Journal of Emergency Management 9: 75-83.
- SPIE Conference on Laser Radar Technology and Applications (ASPRS), Orlando, FL, April 27-29, 2011
- Labiak, R.C., van Aardt J.A.N., Bespalov D. Eychner D., Wirch E., and Bischof H.P., 2011. Automated method for detection and quantification of building damage and debris using post-disaster LiDAR data. Proceedings of SPIE Conference on Laser Radar Technology and Applications XVI, Orlando, FL, April 27-29, 2011, Volume 8037, Article Number 80370F, DOI: 10.1117/12.883509.
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), San Diego, California, April 26-30, 2010
- The Information Products Laboratory for Emergency Response – towards real-time geospatial fire management products (paper)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU), San Francisco, California, December 14-18, 2009
- Information Products Laboratory for Emergency Response (poster)
- Ice jam flooding: a location prediction model (poster)
- 7th International Workshop on Remote Sensing for Disaster Management, Austin, Texas, October 22-23, 2009
- Information Products Laboratory for Emergency Response (IPLER): A Partnership for Developing Disaster Management Technologies Linking Remote Sensing, GIS and Environmental Modeling (paper)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU), San Francisco, California, December 13-17, 2010
- Remote multispectral imaging of wildland fires (invited presentation)
- The IPLER was also featured in the October, 2009 edition of The Rochester Engineer (Rochester Engineering Society) (p. 24)
- RIT IPLER press release
- LiDAR News (January 26, 2012) (see page 20)
Disclaimer: This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. IIP-0917839. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.